Sunday, December 21, 2014

Lazy Day Around the Campground

Location: Blanco State Park; Blanco, Texas

(click picture to enlarge)

Yesterday was a lazy day. I thought long and hard for something to blame the laziness on, but couldn't think of anything believable. I guess it was just one of those days. Walking around the campground and going to the grocery store was the main activities of the day. I had a hankering for spaghetti when I went to the store but ended up eating a fried bologna sandwich last night.

I'm still very impressed with this park and area. The Blanco River runs through this town and there are a series of low water dams that creates mini-lakes. I've counted at least 10 using Google Earth. The mini-lakes have canoeing, bank fishing and swimming. This sort of recreation on a river this small would not be possible without the dams. Once you get downstream of the last dam, the river is small and meandering. All of the dams look like the one here in the park so I assume they were all built by the CCC. Such a small thing sure made a big impact on this area. 
This is another view of the swimming pool. It's amazing that it's 80 years old

Walking up to the Pavilion area.

The pavilion/picnic area. Also, 80 years old.

The fireplace in the pavilion for use on wintry days

Looking down at the river/mini-lake.


One of the "walking" trails. After the rain, it was very quiet.

Looking down the "walking" trail.

This alpaca? and her cub? lives in the field next to the campground

My Christmas decorations are up. 
It was sad to hear about the assassination of the two NYC cops. I guess it was just a matter of time before it happened somewhere in the country. When high profile leaders such as the President, Attorney General, Community Organizers??, and Mayors stir the emotions of a large group of people, it should not be surprise that someone, whose wiring is a little loose, will do something extreme. It's like shaking a can of pop and giving it to someone else to open. I just hope it doesn't happen again, but am doubtful.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment