Sunday, February 26, 2023

Comanche (La-la land) Note: Pics Added

Location: Copperas Creek Campground (COE); Comanche, Texas

I'm in Internet La-La land here. I go from one bar on my cell signal to no signal. Back and forth. Since I use my cell phone as my internet hot-spot, I can't get online unless I have a reliable signal. This is now the third place in all my travels where I can't get a reliable cell signal. Strangely, all three places are in Texas. The three places were Seminole Canyon State Park, Junction, Texas and now here. There are also no over the air TV stations. It's like a complete electronic blockade. I don't like it. I'm not one of those people who look to get totally off grid. Oh well, I've reduced my stay here from four days to three days, so today will be moving day. 

There isn't much to see here in Comanche. I visited the courthouse which is a much simpler design than most in Texas. I had also planned on getting a Reuben Sandwich from a restaurant across the street from the courthouse. I had read the reviews, which were good. The menu said it was made with in-house made sauerkraut and corned beef. I couldn't pass that up since I'm always on the look out for a good Reuben Sandwich. But, as if it was falling in line with the bad mojo of this place, the picture of the menu was from several months ago and there was a note in small letters saying the menu items changed monthly. Oh well, go with the flow and roll with blows. I then went to the Ford dealer to see about an oil change for Freedom, Nope,,,, no openings until late next week. That was strike three.  

 When I realized I was in La-La land, I checked for availability at my next campground which is Midway Park in Waco. Wow, talk about a "sign", there was one day available for my campsite at the beginning of my four day reservation. I jumped on it and waited for my escape.

This is the road picture showing the changing landscape

A picture out the side window. This is a good representative picture showing the cattle and crops.


This is the campsite at Copperas Creek Campground. The dam is in the distance but this is as close as you can get to it. That area is gated off, not sure why. Pretty nice looking for La-La Land uh?


Even being in la-la land doesn't keep the sun from setting and me getting a descent picture.

Comanche Courthouse. It is much less elaborate than most courthouses in Texas. it appears more like a fortress than an architectural building.

Only RV'ers will appreciate or understand this picture. I've stayed at nearly 400 different campgrounds in my travels and have seen all kinds of dump stations but, I've never seen one like this. Apparently it was unusual for other people also because the Corps had to paint arrows to the dump outlet. Although strange, it worked out just fine. 

I better post this quickly while I have captured a cell signal. I'll add the pictures when I get Waco. OK, I'm at Waco and have added the pictures. Hopefully, I'll make a post in the morning. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.

4 comments:

  1. Yep! Stayed 2-days there last year on my way to my sons in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in Rockport TX for the winter I had to get a phone that worked on the ATT towers because that's what was there, what ever system my phone was on (I don't recall) only had limited reception in certain places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Verizon when I first hit the road in April of 2014. She has only left me without a signal in those 3 places I mentioned. She did cause me some hearthburn years ago when I was near the Canadian border and pinging off towers across the border. I was worried about roaming charges, but my bill stayed constant, no roaming. So good job Verizon, plus they give a 10% discounts to vets.

    ReplyDelete