Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Moving day to Wausau, Wisconsin

Location: Marathon County Park Campground; Wausau, Wisconsin
(Click pics to enlarge)

I moved about 120 miles west today to a nice county park campground in Wausau, Wisconsin. It has been raining on and off since I got to Wisconsin and it continued this morning. Just as I got to the dump station and started emptying the tanks, a thunderstorm with high winds blew through. It caught me off guard because storms hadn't been predicted when I looked that the weather forecast earlier. It only lasted about 20 minutes. I finished emptying the tanks and pulled out of town. Peshtigo is a very nice and clean town. They have a street sweeper that is working all the times. Michigan and Wisconsin have the cleanest towns and cities that I've seen.

I'll be leaving here Thursday morning. There is nothing special planned for this stop but I'll do a little exploring tomorrow to see what I can see.



My campsite before backing in

This is the second time I had to back
in. I backed in the first time then
realized there wasn't water connection
at the site. I had to drive to the
potable water location and then
back in again.
 

Nice picture of the campground
as I was walking around this
evening. You can see some of
Liberty between the trees.

Someone had asked about the LED
lights on Liberty. Here is a picture
of them. I wish I had taken more
of the night sky under the trees.

Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment