Monday, August 11, 2014

Ionia State Recreation Area

Location: Ionia State Recreation Area; near Ionia, Michigan
(click pics to enlarge)

I pulled out of the Rally at Goshen around 11:30 after getting Freedom and Liberty weighed. Their preliminary numbers came in under their limits. The final and more detailed numbers will be emailed to me. The good thing is Liberty is well balanced with only a 50 pound difference from side to side. The trip to Ionia was uneventful, which is always a good thing since I traveled on a lot of two lane roads. It was a short tow of only 130 miles.This is the second time I've been to this campground. The only reason for that is it has been conveniently located between destination points and I needed to do laundry and get some Walmart supplies.
The lake, beach and spillway


Three friends on the side of the road
 

















There is an Airstream in the next campsite with a couple planning to become full-time RV'ers next month. Their names are Eddie and Daphne with
Toby the dog. Their rig is named Gypsy Queen and I couldn't resist taking a picture of the decal. It reminds me of the paintings on the old bombers from World War II. I wish them luck and safe travels. I know they are about to begin a wonderful journey. 

My next stop is about 180 miles north to Traverse City, Michigan. I will be there for four days. There are a couple road tours in that area that are suppose to be very pretty and I expect to get some great pictures.

The next picture is proof that I'm eating healthy.
Yellow squash on my new cooker.
Ignore the dairy product in the background.

Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.

4 comments:

  1. Is this the laundry mat that has tanning salon in it. Bet that is real reson you went back to it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. McMillan's classAugust 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM

    My class said, "Seriously, that's not healthy!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Mc's Class,
      The vegetables were healthy, right? You must be talking about the Cheetos. What healthy foods would you suggest I eat? Remember, I don't cook a lot in the RV.

      Delete