Sunday, October 11, 2015

Last Walk in Copper Break SP (mostly pictures)

Location: Copper Break State Park (el. 1,500 ft.); Quanah, Texas

(all pictures taken with Nokia Lumia 929 Cell phone)
(click picture to enlarge)

2nd post today....:)

Even though the temperature spiked out at near 98 degrees today, a nice breeze was blowing and the humidity was low. I found a couple of nice trails to hike walk on that lead to some pretty views of the area. When I checked in to the park, the rangers said rattlesnakes were still roaming around and to be especially watchful on warm and sunny days. I remembered that warning, but went on the walk anyhow. I gathered up a bottle of water and my walking stick. The stick is used to walk with but also to make noise and shake the bushes to let any critters know that I'm around. I bought the stick almost a year ago when I was staying in the Davis Mountain State Park. It has proven itself to be sturdy and solid. Good purchase.

The main walk was on the Bull Canyon Trail and a second smaller one was on a short overlook trail. Both trails were well maintained and easily followed with no snakes encountered. It was a very nice, leisurely walk with plenty of sights and sounds to keep my attention. 
Water, check.
Walking stick, check.
Short loop, check.

Bull Canyon

More Bull Canyon

Last picture of Bull Canyon

This is the only flower in the entire walk. It was on the side of the trail so I took its picture. I'm not sure what the name of it is. It is similar to a Black Eyed Susan or Daisy but I'm pretty sure it isn't one of those.

I took this picture to try to capture something on the bottom side of that top horizontal limb in the middle of the picture. There were about 6 globs of tree sap and the sun was shining through them at just the right angle to cause a fantastic glow. It was great. Just one of those things that we never expect but that lighten our day. It's like the old saying,,,, "If you don't go out to see what you can see, you won't be able to see it." 

This was the wide part of the trail. Other places were much narrower.

This is from the "overlook trail". You could see very far in the distance. 

Last of the overlook trail pictures. 

It was a good walk on a pretty day. There are times when I don't feel like taking such a walk but just about every walk turns out enjoyable. Sometimes I have to just tell myself,,,,,,,Go! Most of the time I don't reply and just comply.

Like I said in the post from this morning. Tomorrow is moving day. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.

2 comments:

  1. When I stopped there last year it seemed that they had done no maintenance in a very long time. Now it looks like a whole different place. The trails you walked today had 3-4 foot high weeds everywhere last year. With all the clean up it is a nice place again. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a good place to walk now. No benches though. Lol

      Delete