Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last Day on the Gulf of Mexico (mostly pictures)

Location: Bolivar Peninsula RV Park (el. 20 ft); Crystal Beach, Texas

(all pictures taken with Nokia Lumia 929 cell phone)
(click pictures to enlarge)

Today is my last day on the Peninsula. I will have been here four days when I leave tomorrow. It's been a relaxing time, which is what I expected. I didn't explore like I usually do in places I visit because I've been here some much other the years.

Just some pictures:  
This is looking south along the seawall. I got lucky with the gull flying by. This portion of Galveston doesn't have a beach area.

I'm guessing the sign provides the legal liability protection for people falling off the seawall.

Looking north along the seawall. This is the point where the beach area begins.

You could stay in a motel with a nice view of the Gulf

An amusement park on a pier,,,called the Pleasure Pier

The beach continues straight towards East Beach while the road veers away.

This is the seawall at Fort Travis which is located near the point of the Bolivar Peninsula. It is the old home of Jane Long, "Mother of Texas". I wrote about his place and her about a year ago. 

Beach houses with a view.

The beaches along the Peninsula were deserted. I enjoyed a long walk along the beach today.


More beaches


Sunset over Galveston. Ships at anchor.

Freedom on the beach at sunset. She will be rolling to Louisiana tomorrow.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that area has changed since I was last there in early 2002. Safe travels please my friend.

    ReplyDelete