Sunday, January 21, 2024

Trip Wrap-up, Home Tomorrow

 Location: Rayburn Park COE Campground; Pineland, Texas

Tomorrow is moving day and I'll only have about 100 miles of towing before getting back the Heart of Haynesville RV Park in Mansfield, Louisiana which I have recently been using as my home-base. I'm still doing some extra weather watching because rains are predicted to begin at 1:00 pm tomorrow and last for 3 days. My plan is to empty my tanks at the dump station and then pull out around 9:00 to arrive around 11:00. I'll be setting up in the same campsite that I left from a week ago. I put markers out so I can hopefully put Liberty back in the exact same spot. The location was perfectly level so I could put my boards under all of the wheels to avoid the tires resting on gravel for a long time. We will see. 

The original purpose of this short, one week trip was to escape the cold weather. That was a success. Although it got down into the low 20's a few nights, the day before and after was well above freezing so there was very little worry about anything freezing up. The cooler temperatures had a positive effect on the trip.The temperatures for tomorrow morning are predicted to be 47, all good. 

Although I hadn't planned on it, a secondary purpose became available. It was to deal with some memory demons that had started playing with my mind at the end of last year. This purpose only materialized when the memory demons unexpectedly ran away the instant I saw the Gulf of Mexico. That sort of surprised me but also made me aware of the chance it gave me to put them away in a more secure location. This secondary purpose was also a success, especially at my current campground. 

This COE campground has been almost perfect for what I needed. It is isolated, so no explorations were planned. The weather was chilly but warm enough for daily walks. There have only been a couple of other campers in the campground. The campground is eerily quiet due to the cooler weather and the other campers remaining inside. The sunsets were reliable. It was just a great, kick back, relax and thinking campground. I'll definitely be back because it is full of good vibes.

This is the only sunrise I've seen since being here



Some fishermen enjoying their day.


Yeah, I know this is the second time I've posted a picture of this picnic table. I want to make sure I can find it in the posts about this campground in the future because something emotionally special happened there. 

This was Day 3's sunset. Due to the overcast skies, I doubt there will be a good one this evening.

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe, I'll Cya down the road.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you traveling again. We traveled in part of that area last spring. Looks like you may be staying at Toad Suck. FYI this is the only Corps park we have stayed at which doesn't separate the public day use and the camping areas. We had a group having some type of celebration on our site when we arrived. The park host didn't want to do anything and when he finally showed up, he gave them permission to continue right behind me so they unplugged their music from my site and plugged in at the next site!! They were there for hours and walked back and forth across our site close enough to touch our door. We saw people at the boat ramp at all hours and they would use unoccupied sites to clean and refill their catch buckets. If in the area again we will stay at the Petit Jean State Park, this is worth your time to visit even if you don't camp there. Sorry for the long post, enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for information Anon. I'll be at Toad Suck on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully the event you described happens mostly on weekends, but I'll be on guard. I explored Petit Jean a couple years ago. It was nice. If you're traveling, be safe out there.

      Delete