Sunday, January 18, 2015

Moving Day (Choke Canyon SP to Lake Corpus Christi SP) and Pictures

Location: Lake Corpus Christi State Park; Mathis, Texas

(click pictures to enlarge)

It was another very pretty day. Short pants and short sleeve shirt to hitch up and move on down the road. The tow distance was only about 60 miles and mostly interstate. I was glad to leave Three Rivers, it was a dirty town due to the natural gas boom. Some of the residents are not happy with the dirt but are willing to suffer through it for a year or so then get busy cleaning it up after all the workers leave.

I got a nice pull-thru campsite with full hook-ups at Lake Corpus Christi State Park. I didn't get a chance to see much of the park since I had to watch the ballgame. Lucky for me though, the game ended about 30 minutes before sundown. That gave me enough time to walk down to the lake to see what kind of sunset it was going to be. It reminded me of some of the other campgrounds I've been to where dozens of people meander down to the water's edge to watch the sun set. Apparently this isn't one of those kind of campgrounds because I was the only one down by the lake watching the sunset. There were others there, but they were busy fishing. They probably thought I was crazy for taking so many pictures of the sky.

Freedom and Liberty hitched and ready to roll on down the road to the next campground.

It was a pretty sky today. I figured it may be a nice sunset if those clouds hung around till then.

Out new home for the next 3 days. 

The bare trees make for some good pictures

Some waves rolling in and disturbing the mirror image

Another tree picture as I was heading on to a better view of the sunset

I kept seeing the clouds forming the appearance of a large eagle. To me it is right above the horizon in the middle of the picture. The wings spread to the edge of the picture in both directions. I'm sure others may not see it, but it looks good to me.

Panorama view

Good one (I think)

Fishermen calling it a day and heading to the boat ramp

:)

The light was changing quickly

Some of the blue sky would poke through

The eagle is dissolving

A kid came down to the bank to fish. That's him sitting in the chair in the lower right corner

Some more trees on the way back to the campsite.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.




1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures! I saw the eagle. I've always loved a bare tree picture with the sunset behind it.

    ReplyDelete