Monday, May 26, 2014

Travel Day (Emlenton, PA to Erie, PA) and Bella

Location: Lampe Marina and Campground, Erie, Pennsylvania

I moved to a new campground today. I pulled out of the Gaslight Campground around noon and arrived at Erie
Freedom and Liberty hitched to leave Gaslight Campground

around 2:00. It was an easy drive along the interstates and the new campground was easy to find. Elise agreed with my handwritten notes all the way here. She is learning. The Gaslight was a good place to just kick back and relax. They had a pretty good live band on Saturday night and Sunday night was Karaoke, with one or two really good singers. I spent a little bit of time at the neighbors campfire and was able to get a picture

Bella

of their dog. The very lovable and royal Princess Isabella Aurora, simply known by her commoner name, Bella. She was a very nice dog and her humans were nice also. I'll let ya'll try to guess her breed. Hint, the breed was in the movie Must Love Dogs.

The new campground is the kind I have grown to like. It is a very simple one without any of the fancy swimming pools, miniature golf, playgrounds, etc. I had reservations thru Thursday but after getting here, I extended that thru Saturday. I would have went through Sunday but someone
Freedom and Liberty at Lampe Marina and Campground

else had reserved this site for Saturday night. If I stay past Saturday, I'll have to change sites. It is a water and electric site only so I'll have to empty my holding tanks about Saturday anyway. I'll decide then to either move on down the road or change to another site. It is a good site with the evening sun on the side of the RV opposite the door. I should be able to
The view (yes, that is a lighthouse in the distance)

sit outside in the shade of the RV from about 2 p.m. until dark. I was warned not to put up my awning unless I'm close to the RV as the winds coming off the lake are unpredictable and can easily tear an awning up. I'm not right on the water, but can see the bay from my front door. The state park is on the peninsula and is suppose to be a great place to see the setting sun on Lake Erie. I'll explore it tomorrow. Erie also has a pretty good maritime museum I want to see. I think this is going to be a good place.

I read a good book titled, The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker. Very good book, I recommend it.

Ya'll take care of each other and I'll Cya down the road.

3 comments: