Monday, May 12, 2014

Skyline Drive, Pics, Pics and more Pics

If you don't like pictures then exit out of this post now. I'm not sure if blogger will load them all or not, but I'm going to try to post 25 pictures. Some will have captions, but most will be just views from Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park. Remember, click the pic to enlarge.

Freedom and Liberty leaving Appomattox, VA.
 
 
 
 
 
Freedom and Liberty in Mount Jackson, VA.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I need to go on U.S. Route 29 North. Do I turn right or stay straight? Something is missing. (lol)
 
 
 
 
An old covered bridge just down the road from the campground.
 
 
 
 
 
Headed to the mountains. The sky was beautiful today. The colors you see are real. No photo-shopping.
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
It was a good day. The sky was pretty, the temperature was in the low 70's, and the overlooks and roads were not crowded. I was told during the peak of the season, the overlooks are so crowded there isn't room to pull into some of them. Many times today, I was the only one in an overlook and was able to soak in all of what God has provided for us. It was literally "awe-inspiring".
 
Tomorrow is travel day. I should be in Washington D.C. by noon or a little after. I'll be there through the weekend and will see as much as my feet and fat belly will let me see.
 
Ya'll take care of each other. Cya.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So which US 29 north?

    Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one to the right took you into town, so I'm guessing that was supposed to be Business US 29. I stayed straight.

      Delete
  2. Ok Goza its been 3 days. Post something so we know you're not upside down in a ditch somewhere!

    ReplyDelete