Monday, February 19, 2024

Trip Begins Tomorrow

 Location: Heart of Haynesville RV Park; Mansfield, Louisiana

I've been back from my last trip for a month and I begin my next trip tomorrow. 

When I hit the road back in 2014, I planned to travel full-time with stops here in Mansfield for about 2 months per year, mainly November and December, to see family, doctors and do RV maintenance work. The plan worked for a while until life got in the way which affected my travel times. I continued to travel but at a reduced amount while I continued to live full-time in my RV. As the title of this post says, my next trip begins tomorrow. This morning I started thinking about how my travel style has changed over the years. I was reminded of something another full-time RV'er, Malia Lane (RIP), had said to me many years ago. We were talking about all of the different styles of RV travel and how much hers had changed over the years. She said, just as life changes, so does an RV'ers travel style. I knew that what she was saying was true and agreed with her. My style had already evolved at that time.

So, this morning I wondered, what was my current travel style? I definitely hadn't been traveling the 10 months per year as I did at the beginning. I was kind of surprised when I checked to see how much traveling I did last year. I was on the road with 3 separate trips that lasted a total of about 6 1/2 months in 2023. Even though the length of time surprised me, the other surprise was it just felt right. I guess my new travel style will be several small trips through-out the year with a longer one during the summer (hot) months. I have a feeling the shorter trips will be like this one coming up, about 40 days in length. I don't have a name for that style yet since I don't like the name "part-timer". If ya'll have a suggestion, put it in the comments please. 

My campground tomorrow will be at a COE just west of Jefferson, Texas. It's only about a 2 hour tow and with check-in time being 3:00 pm, I won't have to pull out of here until around noon. I'll probably get there an hour or so early and if I have to wait, it won't be a problem. I'm still getting used to this new fad of late afternoon check-in times, but I really like the short hauls between campgrounds that I've been doing in my trips lately. Maybe the name of my travel style is "multi-trip, short tow RV traveler". Hmmmm, although descriptive, that is kind of long. Abbreviated, MTSTRVT. I don't think that is going to catch on. Oh well, at least I know what I mean, until I change my mind. 

All trip preparations are completed except laundry, emptying my tanks and stowing away most of the outside gear. 

In case you were wondering if it is still exciting on the eve of a trip. The answer is Yes. When that answer is No, then I know it is time to quit traveling. I'm not there yet.

All posts need a picture, so here is one of my granddaughter at an archery contest.

Olivia waiting to shoot. This is her first year of archery at her school and has continually improved at each event.

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe I'll Cya down the road. 

3 comments:

  1. Grandkids doing things are always great to see not matter what type of blog it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rob. Good hearing from you, hope everything's going your way

      Delete