Saturday, February 24, 2024

A Great $7.50 COE Campground

 Location: Beard's Bluff COE Campground on Millwood Lake; Ashdown, Arkansas

Today is day 3 of 3 here at Beard's Bluff. I knew there would be very little to explore in this area but I was excited about the campsite I had chosen. It didn't disappoint me. It took about 3 inches of blocks to level Liberty side to side but it was worth the headache. I was able to witness something that, to me, is rare. I was able to take a picture, through Liberty's door, of a sunset one evening followed by a near full moon sunset the following morning. That's pretty good to sit inside your RV and take those pictures out the door. Yep, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Just admiring God's handiwork. Mostly pictures to follow:

Not bad for $7.50 per night, uh? 

The view out my back window while sitting at my computer desk/dining table.


This is the most blocks I've ever had to use to level up. It was worth the headache.
I've visited many, many dams around the country but this is the first one that had train tracks going across the top. The tracks look to have not been used in a while, but it is still surprising.


All of the gates were open and flowing freely. I liked the "swinging bench" in the lower right.


Sunset thru Liberty's door

Followed by a moonset the following morning.


A nice sunset reflection on the door of Liberty

It's a pretty good campsite, but 3 days is just about right. I'm ready to move on down the road.


Sunset


Moonset

The only exploring was to visit a small museum named Two Rivers Museum in Ashdown. It was the typical small town museum. I really appreciate historical societies that keep history alive in small towns. Usually, one of the best parts of a small town museum are the curators/volunteers. This museum had a very nice older couple but they were brand new and only been at the museum for a week. I was the only patron there so I wandered around by myself which is the way I like it. The one thing that made me laugh was the following picture.

Notice the caption on the picture of the house,,,, "First nice home in Ashdown". It made me smile.

Tomorrow is moving day and I'll be moving on down the road about 100 miles to Hot Springs, Arkansas. I have what seems like a nice campsite in the National Park Campground with full hook-ups and a stream about 20 feet behind the campsite. 

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe, I'll Cya down the road. 

6 comments:

  1. Have a look at the Anderson levelers. They will lift up to 4 inches. I love them.
    s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know enough about him one way or the other. Most of the time I can be level with set of 1x8 boards. For the first 8 years I use the yellow stackable plastic blocks but I like the boards better now.

      Delete
    2. I don't know enough about him one way or the other. Most of the time I can be level with set of 1x8 boards. For the first 8 years I use the yellow stackable plastic blocks but I like the boards better now.

      Delete
  2. You hooked that sunset about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Darrell. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete