Sunday, June 18, 2023

More Storms @ Poverty Point

 Location: Poverty Point State Park; Delhi, Louisiana

The storms are still passing west to east through North Louisiana and Mississippi. All of my family has had their electricity restored which is a very good thing since the temperature and humidity is sky high. There are still thousands of people without power and their estimated restoration time is a week from now. The storms are still hitting me about every 4 to 6 hours. Tomorrow is moving day and looking at the forecast, I should be able to slide right behind the cool front and get camp set up before that front comes back north as a warm front. Fingers crossed that tomorrows campground in northern Mississippi missed a lot of the storms. 

Obviously, due to the weather there wasn't any exploration at this stop. I did drive around a little but not much. This stop, plus the next one are only 2 night stays. After that, I will be staying at places about 4 nights which gives more time to explore even it it rains. 

The campsite I'm in is the same campsite I was in 9 years ago when I first started traveling. I took a picture when I got here from about the same spot I was standing nine years ago. Different RV but same spot.

Picture from April of 2014

 
Picture from yesterday. 

Looking out the kitchen window and up the street of the campground. According to online, there were no vacancies as of a few days ago. Apparently, the storms caused a lot of cancellations. 

These are cabins for rent here in Poverty Point State Park. I think they are neat.

These are the same cabins. I didn't price them but I assume there would be competitive to local motels. It would be a nice place for a family reunion too. 


This is my weight ticket from my stop at the CAT scales. I can now compare to the sticker weight of Liberty2 as well as some previous weights on Liberty and Freedom. For $13.00 it is fast, cheap and accurate. 

This is just a short post since I didn't do any exploration. For those wondering if my excitement level has increase, I would say it ticked up a notch or two. I'm still trying to figure it out. Mostly, I hoping first TVA campground neat Pickwick Dam will peg the excitement level out. I get to that campground in 3 days. 

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe, I'll Cya down the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment