Sunday, May 28, 2023

Plan Change #1

 Location: New Rockdale RV Park; Mansfield, Louisiana

As with all things in life, we must adapt and overcome. There is a reason RV'ers say they make their plans in jello, because sometimes life gets in the way.

This change is not a big one, but it will delay my departure date from June 11th to June 17th. My X-wife has a doctor's appointment on the 15th which I want to attend. Depending on what the doctor says will determine if I leave on the 17th or I have to issue plan change #2. 

To make this change, I rescheduled my first campground to the new dates. Surprisingly, the campsite I was wanting was still available on the 17th. To me, that was the "sign" to make the change and attend the doctor's appointment. I canceled the second and third campgrounds which were at Corps of Engineer campgrounds and made a new reservations at another COE campground. The length of stay in the two canceled campgrounds was 6 day with the new campground only being 2 days. The new one is on Enid Lake in Mississippi and is located alongside Interstate 55. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd trips will average about 200 miles before I intercept my original route at Pickwick Dam Campground in Tennessee.

I have also been working on points of interest along the route. When I find something interesting, I post it on Google Earth which also has the campgrounds highlighted. So far, I've found some civil war battlefields, Indian mounds, National Cemeteries, dams, waterfalls, etc.

This is from Google Earth and shows a portion of my route. The sites in purple are the campgrounds and the sites in red are items of interest in that area.

This will just be a short post to sort of "page mark" the plan change.

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe I'll Cya down the road.   

3 comments:

  1. #$!* happens…..Murphy’s law….etc..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got good news yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/2 way good. Good enough to hit the road.

      Delete