Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Nothing much to see

Location: Wilderness Lake Campground; Willington, Connecticut
(click pics to enlarger)

Nothing much to report. The only thing of interest in this area was an Indian Museum about 1 hour drive to the south. I didn't feel like going so I just stayed around the campground and did some stuff on the Freedom and Liberty.

I greased the fifth wheel hitch in the bed of Freedom. I have a Reese Elite hitch that sets in recessed pucks. The set-up was an option I picked when I ordered the truck. I can take the hitch completely out of the truck single-handedly. But in servicing the hitch all I needed to do is remove the slide plate to expose all of the areas needing grease. I use White Lithium grease in a spray can.

I also installed the Air Pressure/Temperature monitoring system on Liberty's tires. One of the tires seemed to have a slow leak and since I have been carrying this system around but never put it on, I figured now was the time. It will constantly monitor the tire pressure and temperature and warn me if something isn't right.

I have been having some visitors waiting for me in the shower for the last couple weeks. Spiders. I couldn't tell where they were coming from or hiding during the day. There isn't a lot of places in the shower. Yesterday I killed one as it was trying to get away. It was heading for the area between the skylight and the frame. I soaked some Q-tips in bug spray and swabbed the joints real good. I hope that takes care of them, because I really don't like spiders.

I'll pull out of here in the morning. It's been a nice and quiet campground. The only problem is the pine trees will drop an acorn now and then on the top of Liberty. I'm heading for a town just north of New York City. I plan to take a bus tour into the city. More on that later.

The only pics tonight are some more from around the campground.




Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment