Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Glacier National Park (part 4 and final)

Location: St. Mary/East Glacier KOA (el.4,500 ft); St. Mary, Montana

(click pictures to enlarge)
(all pictures taken with Nokia Lumia 929 cell phone)


As planned, I took the boat tour of St. Mary Lake. It lasted a little more than one hour and was more peaceful than informative. I got lucky again in that there were only 3 other passengers besides me. The boat could hold about 30 but since it was the last tour of the day, I guess it wasn't as popular. I only have a few pictures to post from the tour, but that's OK, I think there has been more than enough in the last 3 posts about Glacier. 
You can see the Sun Road with a couple cars on it. This was taken from the dock.

Another one taken from the dock while waiting to board the boat.

Looking down the lake.

A nice looking island in the middle, complete with its own trees.

Part of a side valley

Towards the head of the lake and about to turn around.

We were coming about to head back to the dock. It is as close to a sunset as I've gotten around here. 
I'll be heading out tomorrow. Glacier was just about everything I expected it to be. There were a few "wow" moments and those are always good to have. When I pull out tomorrow, the Rocky Mountains will be in my mirrors as I drive east and will be out of sight in less than an hour. I will miss them. I hope I can find a place to pull over to get a picture of them before they fade away totally because I don't know when or if I'll be seeing them again.

Next stop will be Lewistown, Montana. Nothing special to see there, but it should be a nice stop just to rest and think.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment