Friday, October 17, 2014

Vacation from Retirement and Moving Day

Location: Heart of Haynesville RV Campground; Mansfield, Louisiana
(click pictures to enlarge)

It's been two weeks since I've posted to the blog. I'm back in an area that is very familiar to me and although I tried to look at it with the eyes of an explorer seeing it for the first time, it didn't work. I hope I didn't anger too many readers by not posting in so long.

Well, I am ready to move on. I started getting the "hitch itch" about day three. It has been good to see the family and friends after being away for six months. I was able to do some maintenance on Liberty and took her to the dealership for some warranty work. My ceiling fan started making a noise like one of the bearings was going out and it's replacement is covered by the warranty. One of my slide toppers (awning over the slide-out) started acting up but I was told it wasn't covered by warranty. I will decide if I replace it or not sometime later. I have lost confidence in the quality of the RV technicians who are working for the dealership. If I get it replaced, it will be somewhere else. I also changed the anode rod in the water heater, cleaned the screen leading to the water pump, reorganized some of the storage and lastly gave Liberty her first bath. I would like to get underneath her to clean and lubricate the main slide but there are a lot of sand burrs and some fire ants in this campground. Rolling around on the ground is not advisable.

There are several things still on my "to do" list but will get to them when I come back next month. Tomorrow I'll be heading to south Louisiana to visit with my sister and her family who live in Lafayette. I will be at a campground near the town of Duson. Lafayette is the area where my family lived when I was 13 and 14 years of age. It is also the place where I graduated college; University of Southwestern Louisiana. They changed the name after I graduated to The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. It didn't bother me too much because I was not very active in the college life. By the time I got to college, I was married and had one child so that took up most of my spare time.

I'm anxious to hit the road again. I think I'm spoiled in that I need to be moving every 3 or 4 days. Hopefully, I won't have forgotten how to hitch up. :)

I'm sorry for the short post, but not a lot happened in the last two weeks that I think would be of interest to anyone but me. I should be on the move again starting tomorrow so the posts should be back to at least every other day.

I'll end with a few pictures.

Tucker Wayne and Olivia Grace

Olivia Grace figuring out the
world

Uncle Brandon feeding Olivia Grace

The Crazy Ole Man, Tucker Wayne and
Jerry

My Children and Grandchildren
Brandon, Brittanie, Olivia, Tucker, Jerry and me.

I put this picture in here for some of the
readers that are Yankees. This is a cotton
field.

Liberty's water heater. The anode
is behind that nut in the bottom
center of the picture.

Old anode, New anode. She did her job.
That deterioration is from one year of water
from about 70 different sources.

Liberty's first bath.

Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road.

3 comments:

  1. Saw Liberty parked up there a couple of times yesterday. Didn't stop because I didn't see the truck. Funny seeing Liberty in person :-P Ed went to USL too and loves Lafayette. Carry on and have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cotton field picture...I am a quilter-nice to see the fabrics origins. We have the same water heater and anode, it is nice to know it lasted a year in your trailer. We drained our water heater once and the anode already had some wear after only a month of use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see my baby brother! Cajun food and my attempt at Our Momma's cherry pie waiting for him

    ReplyDelete