Freedom and Liberty

Freedom and Liberty
I travel in Freedom but sleep in the security of Liberty (not only on the road, but in this amazing country of ours)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Moving day (Old Orchard Beach, Maine to Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, Maine)

Location: Bar Harbor KOA; Bar Harbor, Maine
(click pics to enlarge)

I moved about 185 miles north to the Bar Harbor, Maine area. I'm in a KOA on the island where the Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor are located. The trip was a little dicey at times due to some strong cross-winds that made Liberty fishtail a few times. They were the strongest cross-winds I've dealt with on this trip. But after a few rest stops we made it here around 2:00 pm. I got checked in
and they showed me to my site. It's a good site on the end of a row. I can step out my door and see the water and the mountains. I've scheduled a boat tour of several lighthouse for in the morning. The boat leaves at 9:30 which means
I may have to set an alarm to get up in time. I haven't used an alarm clock since I retired and I have been sleeping in to about 7 each morning.
From the campground
After I got set up I bought a lobster dinner from an old man that sells them here at the campground. Everyone was raving how great they are. I won't
buy anymore. They are just bland. Oh well, I had to try one while I was in Maine. After eating I explored part of the island. One of the places I wanted to see was Cadillac Mountain. Seemed like a good time to go, so up I went. Wow, the views were stunning. I took close to 200 pictures. The sky was great and changed colors the whole time. I got back to the campground in time to catch a little sunset from just outside of Liberty. 

It was a long day. I think I'll just post a lot of pictures now.





















































Ya'll take care of each other. Cya down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment