Sunday, July 28, 2019

Green River, Utah (mostly travel pics)



Location: Green River State Park; Green River, Utah (elev 3,970 feet)

all pictures taken with Nokia Lumia Icon 929 cell phone

Stop # 8

Green River is a place I picked that was in the generally direction of Idaho and a little less than 200 miles from Montrose. Very scientific, uh? I'm staying for two days, because I learned long ago that one night stands never turn out well. Part of the trip was on interstate highway and I was surprised how good that felt. I haven't been on one since I first entered Colorado. I left Louisiana 16 days ago, but it seems much longer. For those of you who plan to be RV travelers, you will learn that time is different when you're traveling quickly. When you're stationary and you look back in time a couple of days, it seems not long ago because there isn't much that has happened to you that is new. But, when you're traveling quickly and seeing new things constantly, your brain is having to absorb new stimulus constantly, which sort of warps time. The only things that seem the same are the names of gas stations, restaurants and Walmart. I know, that sounds crazy, but I hope other RV'ers that travel quickly will agree, so the guys in white coats don't come after me. If they do, they better move quickly.

The scenery along this leg of the journey changed a lot. I had forgotten how barren northern Utah is when it comes to vegetation. It is similar to southern Arizona or even west Texas. People say you either love or hate the desert. I'm somewhere in between, but lean more to the hating than loving. 
This isn't very far north of Montrose. You see that mountain slope for a long time before passing it to the left.

I think the bright orange construction signs add something to this picture. It seems to show the relationship between man and nature. The clouds were great too.

And the road goes on forever,,,,,,,

This is out the side glass looking south. That looks a little like Canyonlands NP, but I think I was still a little to far to the east.

Barren land, but a pretty sky

Welcome to Utah

Just another travel picture of the area.



Campsite at Green River State Park. Liberty's back end was way up in the air which is rare. Her back stabilizers have been squealing lately due to a grease worm. It worked out good because I could run them down all the way and get some good lubrication in the right place.

After I got set up in my campsite yesterday I took a drive towards the mesa's to the north of town. I wanted to see the Green River. The Green River joins up with the Colorado River south of here and you can see it when visiting Canyonlands National Park. That is one of my favorite parks so I wanted to see up close. 
These are the mesa's north of the town of Green River. There is lots of cultivated fields along this road due to the water irrigation from the river. 

My first sight of the river and it had a nice tree for the picture.

This is the river with the sky and mountains in the background. I turned around early, because I was sure if I was violating some "no trespassing" signs or not. 

Tomorrow is moving day and I'll finally reach Idaho. It will be a long tow of about 6 or 7 hours. That is way longer than I normally like to tow but purposely decided to do so I would have some long thinking time. For me, driving is a lot of thinking time (in between taking pictures, etc). So, I'll rest up at the next campground which will be Massacre Rocks State Park, near American Falls, Idaho. I'll be there for four days.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.  

5 comments:

  1. LOTS more pretty country in front of you tomorrow. Thanks for the pictures and report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you head to Idaho we head to Utah. I hope it cools down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing lots of new things on a daily basis does slow down time. Most people that don't travel, don't know that.

    ReplyDelete