Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jenning's Ferry Campground (Eutaw, AL) (day 2 and final)

No exploring today. It has been raining on and off since early this morning plus there isn't much to see around here except the campground. I have used the day to plan the next leg of the journey. I'll pull out early tomorrow and head to the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. I have chosen a campground about 10 to 15 miles away from the heart of the city. For those that want to google it, the name is Chester Frost Park in Hamilton Parish County, TN. It is near the town of Hixson, TN. It looks nice online, but I'll see when I get there. They do not take reservations, strictly first come, first served. I spoke with the Ranger and he said it should be no problem getting a site tomorrow. If it is a good place I'll stay there through Saturday. There seems to be a lot to see in the area but I'll get more information at the Tennessee Welcome Center.

One picture for the day. It is a picture of one of my first vehicles for adventure. I called it home for 3 1/2 years as Uncle Sam showed me several countries around the world. We sailed in the Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, North Atlantic, North Sea and the Mediterranean Sea showing other people what FREEDOM and LIBERTY was about. Now I'm traveling around this great country in Freedom and living in Liberty.
Home from Spring of 1974 to November of 1977
 
Ya'll take care of each other. Cya.
 

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about you a lot this week. :) Liberty is one of our vocabulary words this week.

    ReplyDelete