Thursday, August 29, 2024

One New and One Old Campground

 Location: Redman Creek Campground West; 20 miles northeast of Poplar Bluff, Missouri near Lake Wappapello.

This is another great Corps of Engineers campground. I sure say that a lot uh? I've stayed at several dozen COE's over the years and can honestly say I've only ran across about 2 or 3 that I wouldn't call great or at least well above average. They are still my first choice when looking for campgrounds. For newbies, I use Allstays.com to find my COE's as well of other campgrounds and stuff. Unlike most COE's, this one is full hook-ups, meaning sewer, water and electricity at the campsite. All of this for $12.00 per night with the senior pass discount. For those wondering, yep, I'm picking up a satisfactory cell signal that allows me access to the internet. I'm staying in the East campground but I drove through the West campground that is just across the highway. It is a newly reconstructed campground that is just now re-opening. It looks great. 

My full hook-up campsite at Redman Creek Campground

It's not a bench in the true definition of the word, but a picnic table is like two benches. This one is looking out over Lake Wappapello. It's a very pretty lake.

I was a little lazy and didn't put a lot of effort into finding things to explore during my 3 day stay here. I did explore a nice laundromat or as my mother would call it, a wash-a-teria. I'll tell you a secret about washing clothes. You don't have to separate them into whites, color, fancy, etc. Just wash them all together in one load and after one or two times, you can't tell the difference. After washing my clothes, I enjoyed a very good Chinese buffet lunch. It was the best I've had in a very long time. I was able to explore a little around the dam and found a spot where I may be able to get a good sunset picture tonight if everything goes good. Since tomorrow is moving day, I'll post the sunset in the next post if it happens.


<squawk, squawk> We interrupt this post to bring you some pictures from a previous campground. The campground is Lieber State Recreation Campground which is a state campground about 50 miles southwest of Indianapolis, Indiana. It was the first campground after the big FROG rally in Goshen. I could not get a cell signal in the campground so I wasn't able to post pictures from the campground or the Cataract Water Falls I explored. 

I took this picture as I was leaving Goshen. You see a lot of Amish around there and many work at the RV factories. 

My campsite at Lieber State Rec Campground. In comparison to my current campground, Lieber only had electricity at the campsite and no cell service. My current COE campsite at Redman is $12.00/night compared to $30.00 at Lieber




Cataract Falls located just south of Lieber Campground. Nothing like any falls out west but not bad for Indiana.



This is Cagel Lake which is part of Lieber State Rec Area. The was very pretty that day.



Two of the many hiking trails at Lieber. This reminded me of one of the lines in a Robert Frost poem.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, I --- I took the one less traveled by, And that made all the difference.

Normal people think we Full-time RV Travelers are always taking the "one less traveled". In other words, they think we are crazy.  

The outside temperature today is the hottest of the summer for me with a high of 99 degrees. The whole area including Arkansas is due to cool down starting tomorrow. Conviently, tomorrow is moving day and I'll be headed to a COE that I've stayed at a few times before. It is located on the eastern edge of Little Rock on an oxbow of the Arkansas River. Again, nothing to explore to time, but I can usually find something of interest. 

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe I'll Cya down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment