Friday, August 23, 2024

Back On The Air - Post FROG Rally

 This post will be from several locations due to a very mysterious lack of cell signal in a couple more campground and also due to a little laziness/frustration.

The last post had me at Danville, Illinois with internet. From there I moved to the following campgrounds:

Tippecanoe River State Park Campground; Winimac, Indiana (NO CELL SIGNAL)

Potato Creek State Park; near South Bend, Indiana (NO CELL SIGNAL)

Elkhart County Fairgrounds; Goshen, Indiana (FROG Rally and with Cell Signal but too busy to make a post)

Lieber State Recreation Area; a little Southwest of Indianapolis, Indiana (NO CELL SIGNAL)

My current campground is John James Audubon State Park; Henderson, Kentucky (just across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana. YEAH, I have a strong cell signal.

I've made an executive decision to not make retroactive post for all of those campground where I didn't have a reliable cell signal. I will not be back to them and do not recommend them if you need reliable cell service. They were pretty campgrounds, and if I get a cell signal booster, I may give them a try again, but I'm postponing that decision too. As you can see, I'm getting comfortable with procrastination again. 

I will mention the FROG rally though. It was another success as far as I'm concerned. I met several very nice people from Canada, Georgia and South Carolina just to mention a few locations. The dinners and breakfasts were mostly delicious with excellent conversation during the meal. I volunteered this year to drive a gold cart around for four hours picking up and dropping off people at different events, etc. There were also two pretty good outdoor concerts. I also got several items of work done on Liberty and as usual at the FROG rally, it was free of charge. Yep, that's right, free of charge. I roughly calculated the value of work done this year and I figure it was about $2,000.00 if it had been done someplace other than the rally. This was my my fifth rally and the grand total of work done on old Liberty and current Liberty is beween $12,000.00 and $14,000.00. As my father would say,,,, "good deal, Lucille".

That's Liberty on the right. I showed up a couple days early and was rewarded with a free Rodeo in the background. It was a youth rodeo and was enjoyable. 



There were about a dozen RPods at the Rally and all got quality service.




This was a look out my back window before another rig parked there. The view sort of represents the rally. People walking or riding and RV's everywhere. It was a good Rally and I'll be back next year, hopefully.

After I got Liberty set up at the rally, a group of us were gathered around talking and watching as other RV's were arriving. As we were watching an RPod being set up by a pretty lady, she came over to our group and asked if anyone had an extra dogbone. A dogbone is a short electrical adapter with a 50 amp male plug on one end and a 30 amp female plug on the other end. Every RV'er usually carries one so they can connect to either a 30 amp or 50 amp electrical pedestal. Well, this lady forgot hers and needed one. I volunteered mine since I didn't need it at the time. We talked about when I would get it back but nothing was really decided. As I was hitched up on the last day of the rally and ready to pull out I asked if she was finished with the dogbone. She said she needed it longer and asked about mailing to me. I told her, it's not a problem and she could just keep it. I hadn't used it in a long time so it didn't bother me about giving it to her. I figured I would just pick one up at a Walmart down the road, just in case. About an hour after leaving the rally while towing to my next campground, I wondered to myself, "What am I going to do if I need a dogbone at my next campground." Then I thought about it,,,,, she and I were both leaving the rally on the same day, but she now had a dogbone and I didn't. Uhmmmm,,,,, was something wrong with that picture? Then I realized that a pretty lady got me again. It had been a while since that had happened to me, and strangely, it felt nice. And Rhonda, if you're reading this, it really wasn't a problem about me leaving the dogbone for you. I didn't need it at the two campgrounds I stayed at after the rally, and have already replaced it with a shorter one.

Tomorrow is moving day and I'll be headed to a nice looking COE campground. It's been a while since I've camped at a COE and am looking forward to it. Also, I hope to get back in the swing of posting semi-regular.  

Ya'll take care of each other. Maybe I'll Cya down the road. 


2 comments:

  1. Procrastination? No problem, it'll wait...

    ReplyDelete











  2. Sounds like the adventure is going very well. Have some extra fun if you can.

    ReplyDelete