Friday, February 22, 2019

Maybe Take A Little Trip

Location: New Rockdale RV Park; Mansfield, Louisiana

Well, well, well. It's time for another update to the blog and like last time, the weather is cold and rainy while the coffee is hot and black. I think I've worn out my latest coffee brand and will be searching for a new one or resort to an old reliable one. Surprisingly, I got hooked on Great Value's (Walmart) Donut Shop coffee a few months ago but it is wearing out its welcome. Oh well, as with life, something will come along to take its place.

Brandon is doing well with visits to the doctors and bloodwork occurring once a month. The blood tests have been in the normal range since December and his medicine has remained unchanged since then. The doctors have been successful in finding that balance between anti-rejection meds and antibiotics. With his seven month "transplantversary" coming up in a week, he continues to get stronger daily. He has had so many miracles in such a short time period. 

The grandbabies and my other babies (ages, 43 and 36) are all doing fine so I figured it may be a good time to take a little trip somewhere.

I was ready to go a couple of times since the first of the year but the "vibes" didn't feel right. The last time was at the end of January. I had Freedom and Liberty ready to go and made reservations at a campground when the "bad vibs" hit me the day before I was due to leave. It may sound a little crazy, or in southern lingo, "a little touched", but I have learned over my life to always listen to my "vibs". So here we are again with the campground rent due on Monday and me deciding to go or stay. As always, I'll make that decision right before I back Freedom up to Liberty. If I hear that "click" as they hitch up, then down the road we go. If not, then I cancel the reservation at the campground again and pay up another month's rent here.

There are a couple of new things and places I want to see, so I hope the vibs are with me come Monday. Dang, now I have that old song, Come Monday, running through my mind. Maybe another cup of coffee will take care of it.


January sunrise over New Rockdale RV Park. 

As a final note: The RV'ing community said goodbye to two of their own over the last few weeks. Both had been on the road for well over a decade and both pioneered the combination of RV'ing and blogging. Go in peace, Tioga George, of "The Adventures of Tioga and George" and Malia Lane of "Malia's Miles". The freedom of the open road has been opened wider for ya'll. See ya'll down the road. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a pleasant weekend and a Monday that goes the way it's supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. I'm glad you made it to Key West. High dollar RV'ing down there. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Young Man, I was sitting here this morning wondering about you. Glad you posted. My hitch itch is pretty bad but the weather I want for travel is not here yet. Hopefully we will get some travilin weather soon. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barney. I hope Rockport is treating you well. It looks like the predicted weather is pretty good for me to head west into Texas. Just not sure how far west. Be safe out there.

      Delete
    2. Most of west Texas has campgrounds full of pipeline workers so get reservations. Remember spring breaks happen in March. Email me if you need any west Texas info. It is my second home. Eastern Texas is not a area of expertise for me.

      Delete
    3. Yep, I've seen to campgrounds fill up fast and become work camps. I've always used reservations, so it isn't new to me. I'm still not sure how far west I'll be going, but the first stop should be around Dallas.

      Delete
  3. Learned long ago to listen to those internal feelings. Sometimes looking back I can see why. Good luck with the Monday decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barb,,,, glad to see your new camera is working. Looking forward to blog updates now....

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you might be getting back on the road again, and it's great to hear the reasons for staying are getting less and less, because sitting still for too long can cause a body to rust.

    And speaking of rust, it's been raining so much in southern Arizona I'm in the process of rebuilding the Arctic Fox into an Arc, filling it with two of every brand of beer, and sailing off into the sunset. At the moment I'm waiting on pontoons from Amazon.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tom. I don't think I'll made it to Arizona. Unless something changes, I'll probably stay in Texas. Have fun out there in the desert.

      Delete