Sunday, May 15, 2016

Travel Statistics thru Year 2

Location: New Rockdale RV Park (el. 225 ft); Mansfield, Louisiana

An update on Brandon: Today is day 28 since the stroke. He is scheduled for out-patient therapy 2 hours per day, 3 days a week. This is the same frequency he did last year which proved successful. He continues to improve daily.

With time on my hands, I put together my travel statistics since I passed the two years of traveling mark last month. 

Over the last 25 months, I've towed Liberty 23,220 miles. 

I have traveled about that same amount of miles while exploring the areas around the campgrounds. 

I've camped in 143 different campgrounds with the average miles towed between campground being 162 miles. 

Of the 143 campgrounds, 64 have been state or federal campgrounds. 

I have seen 44 states on these travels. 

Those are only the cold and hard numbers. The real statistic can't be easily measured. That statistic is the "Wow" stat. Those are the moments where I say to my self or sometimes out loud, "Wow". 

My plan is to make a post of a lot of the "wow" moments. I have thought about that for a while, but the size of it would be too large for one post. While traveling, I didn't have the time to do a regular post plus a good summary. I have that time now. Perhaps I will break it down into six month segments. I will do that during my free time while Brandon recovers.

Until then, these are two "wow" moments that sprang to mind while typing this post. 


Sunset over the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Oregon. This is while staying at Fort Stevens State Park. The structure on the beach is what is left of the ship Peter Iredale which wrecked in 1906. 

This was taking on the way to Salt Lake City. The white in the background is the Bonneville Salt Flats. I was lucky by being the only one at the rest stop and had the elevated observation platform all to myself. Even with interstate traffic so near, there was a peaceful feeling and good vibs about the place. 
Don't wait too long to follow a dream.

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road. 





  

6 comments:

  1. Sure glad Brandon is improving. My Castle has something over 125,000 miles on it now. It has been a lot of fun. Consider breaking the WOWs up by locations. But most important have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy Brandon continues to improve. Will you be staying close by while he undergoes therapy/rehab?

    Cat Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cat,
      I will be here long enough for him to get on his feet. Based on last year, it will probably be 6 to 8 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Darrell I want to say thank you for sharing all your "WoW" moments with us as you traveled over the past two years. I also want to say we're praying for Brandon and his family. I've recently had some setbacks and want be making my journey onto the highway, but they're only minor setbacks. Pls keep up the awesome postings and continue to share your travels.

    Thanks,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis. I'm sorry to hear of your setbacks, I hope everything works out in your favor.

      Delete