Freedom and Liberty

Freedom and Liberty
I travel in Freedom but sleep in the security of Liberty (not only on the road, but in this amazing country of ours)

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wrap up on Las Vegas; Moving Day Tomorrow

Location: Duck Creek RV Resort (el 1,700 ft); Las Vegas, Nevada

(click pictures to enlarge)

Tomorrow will be the 7th day in Las Vegas and that is long enough. The campground had a special weekly price for Passport America card holders. Even though I didn't need 7 days to explore the things I wanted to see, I used all of them.  
I finally took a picture of the campsite today
I got lucky in that one neighbor was never home and the others stayed inside all the time. The campground was a good choice. It was close enough to everything I wanted to see and do. They also had a very nice laundry which I took advantage of today before I ran out of drawers. The washers and dryers were cheap and fast. I was the only one using the laundry and I was finished in a little over an hour. They provided a "thinking bench" with a nice desert garden to use while waiting on the clothes.

Thinking bench in front of the laundry

Nice garden to enjoy while waiting




















I enjoyed visiting Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon while I was here. I didn't partake of the gambling that is everywhere in this town. It is a big city which meant no cooking for me, since I had choices of any type of restaurant I wanted to try. I was surprised by the very large number of street people/pan handlers. I hadn't seen this many since my stay at McKinney Falls State Park in Austin, Texas. Even today while I was fueling up for the trip tomorrow I was approached by a young man with an empty 5 gallon gas can. He was well dressed and said he and his wife had ran out of gas at the store across the street and wanted to know if I could spare some gas. I filled up his can and while filling up Freedom I watched him walk across the highway to their car. I was satisfied that I did a good deed for a person in need. I finished getting gas and went a couple of  stores down the road for something to eat. I got the food to go and headed back to the campground. As I went through the traffic signal, there was the same guy carrying the gas can and heading back to the same gas station. As I passed by him, I waved and he just hung his head down. Apparently, he thought I had already left the area. Oh well, my deal was done once I gave him the gas, the rest was up to him.

Unless things change in the morning, I plan to head further west. The weather is still a little chilly north and east of me and since I've seen south, that leaves west. I'm not sure how close I can get to the big cities like Los Angeles without having to fight traffic. I will probably camp on the east side of the mountains around L.A. and day trip into the area to explore. Once I get a better lay of the land, I'll decide where and when I'll head.     

All in all, this was a good stop. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road. 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog -- read it from start to finish --Great descriptions of your travels -- Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny, that's a lot of reading.

    ReplyDelete