Monday, December 29, 2014

Yep, Sick and Moving Day Tomorrow

Location: Goliad State Park; Goliad, Texas

(click pictures to enlarge)

I hitched up and left Blanco State Park with a threatening sky overhead and I was feeling poorly. I was pretty sure I was getting sick and hoped it would just be a 24 hour bug. By the time I got to San Antonio, the rain was coming down in spurts. One minute it would be raining pretty good and then the next blue skies.

My campground reservations are for 3 nights at Goliad and 7 nights at Mustang Island State Park. I checked out online what was available to explore around Goliad and figured 3 days would be enough time. Well, today is day 3 and I haven't seen anything. After getting Liberty set up Saturday afternoon, I was in full sick mode. I was coughing, congested, itchy eyes and throat. I figured I had a cold so I began by cold treatment. It consists of one Coricidin and Robitussin DM every 4 hours and lots of fitful sleep. From what I remember in the past, it usually lasts about 24 to 36 hours with at least a 24 hours recovery period. I'm in that recovery period now. I was hoping to find a nice lady to feel my head and tell me "it will be OK", but I wasn't lucky enough. That would have sped up the recovery time by at least half. It is tough being sick when you're alone. Those of you that have people around you when you're sick, don't take them for granted and be sure to show your appreciation to them. Thanks to those of you that texted, emailed and commented hoping I would feel better soon. It helped. 

I don't know if I will come back to Goliad on my way west or not. I'll decide that later. I could have done some exploring today but decided to just take it easy and get my strength back.

Tomorrow's move is only a little over 100 miles so I'll pull out of here around 10:30 or 11:00. The campground on Mustang Island is close to the beach so if the weather cooperates, I should be able to do some beachcombing. I need to check the tide charts and sun/moon rising/setting. 

Just a few pictures today. 


I took this picture of the campsite today, thus the blue skies. It is mostly a parking lot with electric/water hook-ups. It is ideal for my needs on a short stay and has been one of the cheapest sites so far.

The towing weather on Saturday. It looks worse than it actually was.

As I was driving to the campsite inside the campground, I noticed these two buzzards sitting in the tree. I thought with only two of them, they must not think I'm very sick

A little further down the road and the trees were full of buzzards. There must have been well over 100. 

Ya'll take care of each other. I'll Cya down the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment